Education & corporate
Membership to the Institute of Carpenters is not restricted to individuals. We also welcome educational establishments teaching relevant wood trade courses – both in schools and colleges. The benefits of IOC membership are threefold as there are benefits for the college, their Liaison Officer and what’s more we offer reduced price membership to all students attending IOC member colleges – all this for just £125 a year!
We believe that by involving students who are the start of their careers that we’re laying the foundations for their involvement with the Institute on a more long-term basis – thus helping to ensure that as generations change, the traditional skills and high standards of work are maintained.
In addition to the standard benefits of membership, School & College member benefits include:
- IronmongeryDirect matched funding - for every £200 you spend with them, you will be eligible for a further £200 worth free.
- IOC Annual Award for one student each year
- Listing on our website
- Reduced IOC membership fees for all eligible students
- Reduced individual IOC membership for the Liaison Officer *
* subject to completing individual application forms, meeting the entry criteria and approval by the IOC Membership Chairman
And last but by no means least, our Corporate Membership scheme! Corporate Associate membership is for suppliers and supporters of the professional woodworking sector and Corporate membership is for those companies working directly with wood (e.g. carpentry, joinery etc). What’s more, our Corporate members are also eligible* for complimentary individual membership(s) to the Institute.
All Corporate Members are expected to agree to and abide by our Code of Professional standards and in the same way that our individual members are vetted, so too are our Corporate members.
* depending on turnover